Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

1936 Franka Solida 6x4.5 Steinheil Cassar 2.9/7.5cm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: 1936 Franka Solida 6x4.5 Steinheil Cassar 2.9/7.5cm Reply with quote

These are all taken with the Miranda D / Miranda Soligor 1.9/5cm PAD / Kodak ColorPlus 200... with a duplication from the Miranda D thread...

1936 - Franka Solida - Steinheil Cassar by Nesster, on Flickr

Franka Solida 6x4.5 Steinheil Cassar 1936 by Nesster, on Flickr

FW: Steinheil Munchen Cassar1:2,9 f=7,5cm by Nesster, on Flickr

There are four reasons why I bought this Franka:

1. it was sitting there unbid, identified as Deckel Munchen Compur.

2. the camera that got me into this vintage camera and 120 thing was the same model Franka, though with a lousy Victar lens and not much leather left on the camera. We had no idea how it came into the household, but our youngest daughter, the fearless photographer, prodded me to figure out how to use it. After that, I was hooked. I had been looking for a similar Franka but in better condition and with a better lens. Just this year we found out, when our eldest was visiting, that she had bought the first Franka at a yard sale sometime in the early 90's.

3. Again unidentified but visible in the ebay photo, there is an 828 conversion kit included (photo below, that one is with the K100D). This consists of an 828 mask for the film gate, and 4 metal cones - one of which is notched for the film wind key. The camera itself has an after market hole drilled in the middle of the back, for the 828 numbers. I believe the original owner installed this so he could shoot Kodachrome.

Included in the photo, for scale, is a 127 spool

4. I'm nuts. And I'm nuts over pre-war folders. Rolling Eyes

828 film conversion kit by Nesster, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's OK to be 'nuts'. We're all 'nuts' in one form or another on this forum! Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Franka cameras too, congrats!!