Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

10 yrs anniversary thread 2007-2017
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: 10 yrs anniversary thread 2007-2017 Reply with quote

Thank you so much you support and presence! Please post your pictures from beginning of your presence until today!
Happy 10 yrs anniversary dear my friends! Whoo Turtle

Nikon D50 Pentacon 135mm f2.8 MC m42 six blades

Carl Zeiss Sonnar 85mm f2.8 Sony A7R

Minolta MD 35mm f1.8 Sony A7R

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been a member of this forum for almost exactly eight years. Geez, it doesn't seem like it's been that long. I've learned a tremendous amount from other members here, and I'm deeply appreciative of Attila for creating and maintaining such a valuable resource.

It wasn't so easy finding "earliest" photos. I typically store photos that I publish on the 'net on my domain's server, but several years ago, my hosting service had a hard drive crash; they had made insufficient backups so all my data was lost, including all of my earliest photos. So many of the ones I came across during my earliest days here are gone and if I can even find them on this end, it would probably take hours. So, I've skipped ahead some.

These two are dupes from slides. The first is a crop from a Kodachrome 64 slide, taken in 1984, and the second one is a dupe of a Fujichrome 100 slide, taken in 1990.

Canon A-1, Canon nFD 50mm f/1.8

Nikon F2, Nikkor AIs 180mm f/2.8 ED

One of my most recent -- a pic of my Tamron collection. It's worth noting that when I joined this forum, the only Tamron lens I owned was the 90mm f/2.5 macro. NEX 7, 18-55mm kit lens.

And one of the shots I took of a recent hard freeze here in Houston, Texas. The camera was a NEX 7 and the lens was a Canon nFD 85mm f/1.8:

But since Attila asked for favorites, well the first two are among my favorites, but here are a few more:

Sony NEX 7, Tamron 60A SP 300mm f/2.8 LDIF

Sony NEX 7, Tamron 60A SP 300mm f/2.8 LDIF

Canon F-1, Canon nFD 200mm f/2.8, Fujichrome 100

Canon AE-1, Albinar 80-200mm f/3.9, Kodak 100 print film

It's been a great 8 years, Attila. I look forward to celebrating your 20th anniversary too!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Dog

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

difficult to find old posted photos:

this from 2010

and of course the meeting of 2013, members keisaa, hemmo, gurdie, bhargav and me

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first picture on forum on March the 3rd 2007 taken with a Helios 44M and Rebel 350D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Dog

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I'm late to the party!

Attila, congratulations for those 10 years of commitment.
Your forum has given great fun to many photographers who have discovered that you can use manual lenses on modern cameras.
And you're to blame that those lenses hugely increased in price. Wink

Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laugh 1 Happy Dog

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy forum birthday, Attila.

I discovered manual focusing lenses thanks to the forum. Since August 2007 when I joined, I've been collecting lenses and film cameras and enjoyed and learned a lot from the forum. Thanks so much to you for keeping it alive all this time.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Dog Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy birthday, Attila.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my 5th year, here. Thank you all for forming the Net's most comprehensive knowledge base on legacy lenses:)

A pathetic representation of chronological evolution of my lens arsenal...

2013 appears to be the year I was infested! This was taken with my first manual, Zuiko 50mm f/1.4.

Kırağı

After tasting the blood, there is no way but collect more Zuikos. 100mm f/2.8 was visibly sharp wide open and color set it produced was great , yet still was very compact and well suited to my tiny m43 setup. This was from a concert in 2014.

Flamenco with m43

2015 saw a healthy growth rate in my lenses. Was now going after specific lenses and hidden gems. Vivitar 135mm 2.8 Close Focus was one of those, and I searched Ebay for months. At last one day I spotted one in US, and it appeared to be waiting for its first user for some 30 years in its original packing:)

Yaprak

With so many great tools around, my still functioning-well m43 (EM5) looked a bit duller, especially in the landscape side and more importantly in the out of focus rendering front. It was simply too hard to alienate the subject as m43 sensor's crop factor was quite generous in giving weeds, unnecessary people and other distracting details their fair share in the frame! V.135 mm CF and Zuiko 85mm f/2 were not at their full potential, hence there were no way but go nuclear! 2016 was the year where my oldies met the A7II (and the king, Rokkor 58mm f/1.2!)

Crowd-o-Folk

After 2016, symptoms of diminishing returns law became even more evident; many of the focal lenghts from 17mm to 400mm (800mm with m43) were covered from all variety of manufacturers. Not only lenses but also filters, caps and adapters occupy limited shelf space. I am more or less picky now, but still cannot say no to "good deals" even if it was from US or I had several lenses in a similar focal length. Like the Rokkor 100mm f/2 grabbed as a New Year gift. On Minolta original extension ring set.

Dreamy spring II by Listera Ovata

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my very first photos back in 2010, taken with Sun 135mm F2.8(macro version) on a EOS 350D. I own only a few lenses at the time

One of the last photos i took with Kern Macro-Switar 50mm F1.8 AR on an A7II. I have plenty of lenses now. Tuzki with lens

I have benefit a lot from this forum since I joined. Without the input from members here, I will not able to gain so much valuable knowledge, lenses and friends over the years. Thank You Dog

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratulations mflenses and Attila on 10 years!

joined early 2008, apart from having used a SLR a bit in the 1980s, new to manual focus lenses. It had been an amazing reception, with a lot of help from experienced photographers. I learned a lot from you, thank you all!

One of my early thread where I posted photos
http://forum.mflenses.com/some-recent-s-m-c-tak-50-1-4-and-28-3-5-pics-from-nepal-t15254.html

that time for me it was all Pentax dSLR + Takumars, foremost S-M-C Takumar f1.4/50mm, a pic taken with this combo from that thread ( the one seen here had been re-edited ):
[url=https://flic.kr/p/oVXgVW]
Untitled[/url] by andreas, on Flickr
( re-edited a few of those, the first 26 seen here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kuuan/sets/72157607731424404/ )

later, above all for their smaller size and better manual focus aids, switched over to mirrorless cameras:
first Sony NEX5n with Pen-F rangefinder lenses and a few CV wide angels, later added Ricoh GXR M doing even better with the later.
last got a Sony A7, though not exactly the camera I wished for, but for it's "fullframe" sensor

relative recent shots with manual lens/camera combinations that I have been and still am using:

CV Heliar f4.5/15mm on Ricoh GXR M:
[url=https://flic.kr/p/HGHNYe]
di Bengkel Susan[/url] by andreas, on Flickr

Pen-F Zuiko f1.4/40mm on Sony NEX5n
[url=https://flic.kr/p/SYFsdR]
chat after evening puja[/url] by andreas, on Flickr

Canon LTM f1.4/50mm, Sony A7
[url=https://flic.kr/p/Q5WKeA]
Untitled[/url] by andreas, on Flickr

cheers for another ten years,
andreas