Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CANON FL 19mm 3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:14 pm    Post subject: CANON FL 19mm 3.5 Reply with quote

Help !
I'm stuck repairing my Canon FL 19mm 3.5.
I can't remove the second front lens.
So I'm looking for a helping hand or a repair manual for this lens.
Can someone help me ?

Thank you in advance and have a good evening!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: CANON FL 19mm 3.5 Reply with quote

benjamin vallet wrote:
Help !
I'm stuck repairing my Canon FL 19mm 3.5.
I can't remove the second front lens.
So I'm looking for a helping hand or a repair manual for this lens.
Can someone help me ?

Thank you in advance and have a good evening!

Welcome benjamin vallet (no images first post is spam prevention-- should be OK now)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not a lens I've worked on in the past, but here is what I suggest based on what I can see:

In picture number one, there is a small hole in the center just above the black front ring. Is there a set screw in this? If so, and you remove it, you may be able to rotate the black front portion until it unscrews, in which case, the second element may insert from the back.

Typically, when you see a seam between two colored sections, one can be removed from the other, so even if there is no set screw, it may still simply rotate out. If it is too tight to turn, heating the lens might help.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FL 19mm 1:3.5 (Non-R!):

But yours looks to be a FL 19mm 1:3.5 R:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like it should be helpful. It does seem to indicate that the entire black portion comprising the front cell of the lens (part A in the second illustration) screws out. It doesn't explode the cell into individual elements/retaining rings,though. Is there another illustration that does so? If so, it can let the OP know whether the element in question is set in from the front and the back, as well as the retaining ring configuration holding it in.

fdlenses wrote:
FL 19mm 1:3.5 (Non-R!):

But yours looks to be a FL 19mm 1:3.5 R: