Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Wollensak Verito Diffused focus 6 1/8"
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:44 pm    Post subject: Wollensak Verito Diffused focus 6 1/8" Reply with quote

This lens has been originally on Reflex Korelle III.
Because the Korelle has has no chance for being repaired for the jammed shutter cock and because my only camera was Nikon FA, this lens received adapter for F mount but proved to be not very useful. Once I borrowed a Nikon D3400 and had chance to experiment for a few hours.
The results are promising, see the attached photo. Attaching photo of the original mount too, which has been removed and replaced with F mount fitting.

Having been gifted with a D750 by Santa this year, I'm looking forward to take/make very nice portraits with this lens.
Results will be posted here.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wollensak Verito Diffused focus 6 1/8" on Nikon D750

First couple of shots, still experimenting, these are alright, I'm sure there will be better ones later Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see that rendering is going to be right up my street Like 1 . I wonder if that's the secret of Evgenia Arbugaeva's painterly success - she's using a Wollensak Verito Smile. She just came to mind. Very nice.

Damn! I promised no lens buying this month.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1 always liked soft focus photography!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a style of portrait you don't see very often these days, but one that can be very aesthetically pleasing. Look forward to seeing more results as you learn to work with it.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 6:25 pm    Post subject: Wollensak Verito Diffused focus 6 1/8" / Nikon D750 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Wollensak Verito Diffused focus 6 1/8" / Nikon D750 Reply with quote

Plexigringo wrote:

Not trying to hijack this thread, but a similar feeling can be achieved with a Enna Correlar 80mm f2.9 lens (from an old German MF folding camera) focused to its minimum focus distance and then focused on a helicoid to the desired distance.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Wollensak Verito Diffused focus 6 1/8" / Nikon D750 Reply with quote

[quote="kymarto"]
Plexigringo wrote:

Not trying to hijack this thread, but a similar feeling can be achieved with a Enna Correlar 80mm f2.9 lens (from an old German MF folding camera) focused to its minimum focus distance and then focused on a helicoid to the desired distance.

You're most welcome to share, thank you.
This lens has been used on MF and probably would serve best on LF, trying to do the best I can with it on full frame till I can acquire suiting MF body.
Those shots are sublime...thank you for posting them.