Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gitarzan wrote:
Visualopsins:

I'm in Dublin, Ohio.

Caspert79:

I may or may not sell the 135. Not sure yet. BUT, if I do, I'll notify you first.

Thanks, but shipping from Ohio is not very practical ?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
First one this year because an old search popped up

Yashica Auto-Yashinon 135mm 1:2.8 by The lens profile, on Flickr

Yashica Auto-Yashinon 135mm 1:2.8 by The lens profile, on Flickr

That lens design looks so funny... like they took one of the 50-55 mm Yashinons (like the one 5.5 cm one Caspert79 posted recently) and then just added a massive tele-converter in front of it... Wink

Your images look very nice though, so whatever they (Tomioka?) really did, it seems to have worked out okay!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Petri CC Auto 55mm f1.4 by Pepperberry Farm, on Flickr

(now I'm waiting on an adapter for it)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperberry farm wrote:
Petri CC Auto 55mm f1.4 by Pepperberry Farm, on Flickr

(now I'm waiting on an adapter for it)

Splendid lens.
You will enjoy it.
Tom

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simple.joy wrote:
D1N0 wrote:
First one this year because an old search popped up

That lens design looks so funny... like they took one of the 50-55 mm Yashinons (like the one 5.5 cm one Caspert79 posted recently) and then just added a massive tele-converter in front of it... Wink

Your images look very nice though, so whatever they (Tomioka?) really did, it seems to have worked out okay!

It is actually a chrome nose, but the built in hood is hiding it

optical

Don't know it is Tomioka but it has pretty good sharpness (you can easily tell by how much effect the sharpening radius slider has in lightroom, the sharper the lens the less you have to move it)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
After reading a very positive review of the Pentax-M 75-150mm f/4 on ephotozine.com, I decided to buy one. Curious how it compares to the Minolta MD 75-150/4.

I've received the Pentax-M 75-150/4 and made a few snapshots around the house. First impression: very nice image quality.
Only I've noticed one weak setting: close focusing distance wide open @ 150mm where the image is soft. When focusing further away, or when stopping down to f/5.6, the softness disappears. It will be interesting to see how it holds up against the excellent Minolta MD 75-150/4, I hope to show this later.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up these bad boys today from my local camera shop.

The SRT100X is immaculate - like new as is the lens.

Had a brief play with the lens on my Fuji X-E2 and it does seem very good.

Last edited by Vintage_Photographer on Sun Jun 30, 2024 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2024 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up these bad boys today from my local camera shop.

The SRT100X is immaculate - like new as is the lens.

Had a brief play with the lens on my Fuji X-E2 and it does seem very good.

Now to put them through their paces with a roll of Delta 100 (once I've finished familiarizing myself with it.)

Last edited by Vintage_Photographer on Sun Jun 30, 2024 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missed Soligor Miranda 135/3.5 TY. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:

Bummer! That's a BEAUTIFUL lens!

See it here:
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/soligor-miranda-135mm-f3-telephoto-1806270214

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
vivaldibow wrote:

Bummer! That's a BEAUTIFUL lens!

See it here:
https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/soligor-miranda-135mm-f3-telephoto-1806270214

Not this one. This is a Y. What I missed it a TY. Pretty as well. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soligor Miranda 135mm lenses have perhaps the most variation (in terms of different types / serial numbers) of any manufacturer I know of. The PAD 135/3.5 lens can have a 'K', 'Y', 'E.L', 'T', or 'T.Y' prefix. The preset aperture versions can also be found in 'Y', 'T.Y', 'K' and 'U' codes as well as some with no prefix.

Miranda initially followed the continental practice of having the lenses made by third parties with some variations in styling, but by the late 60s they had followed the model pioneered by other Japanese makers of supplying under their own name, and having a recognisable style across their whole range.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:
Soligor Miranda 135mm lenses have perhaps the most variation (in terms of different types / serial numbers) of any manufacturer I know of. The PAD 135/3.5 lens can have a 'K', 'Y', 'E.L', 'T', or 'T.Y' prefix. The preset aperture versions can also be found in 'Y', 'T.Y', 'K' and 'U' codes as well as some with no prefix.

Miranda initially followed the continental practice of having the lenses made by third parties with some variations in styling, but by the late 60s they had followed the model pioneered by other Japanese makers of supplying under their own name, and having a recognisable style across their whole range.

Thanks. Interesting. I’ve never seen an EL before. Others came out now and then. Looks like those are still sought after.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both are DKL mount

The Schneider came off a Kodak Retina Reflex S, as been cleaned and lubed and is in great shape.

The Septon as yet to be CLA'ed ... Still waiting for my Chinese adapter ...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just scored Schneider-Kreuznach Curtagon 35mm f2.8 LM M42, hoping seller wont give up on sale Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrBB wrote:
just scored Schneider-Kreuznach Curtagon 35mm f2.8 LM M42, hoping seller wont give up on sale Smile

I have one of those as well (there are several computations); the one I have is a remarkably good lens for its time.

BTW Minolta engineers explicitely point to this Schneider lens as a starting point for developing their MC 1.8/35mm which around 1970 was clearly the best fast 35mm retrofocus lens.

S