Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First shot with Dreamagon
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: First shot with Dreamagon Reply with quote

Been a busy weekend, but I managed a test shot with the Dreamagon.

Wide open (f4):

[/img]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what a mistery effect, I love it!

Jes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the area of sharp focus falls along those 3 leaves in the foreground?

NICE effect! I'm not usually all that hot of effects, but this lens seems to do a wonderful job to create a dreamy effect.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Richard! It would have been that engineer in me
who of course would have stopped down to see the
effect - did you by chance do that?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Thanks Richard! It would have been that engineer in me
who of course would have stopped down to see the
effect - did you by chance do that?

Good point! It would be interesting...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take an old lens make lot of scratch on it and you will get this effect, my small black Biotar do it same Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't now, Attila. The Dreamagon does something very special, a visible core sharpness and the dreamy softness at the same time. Not easy to achieve that with some scratches. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Try it! I like Tamron SP 150mm f2.8 Soft lens only Smile at zero soft

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Take an old lens make lot of scratch on it and you will get this effect, my small black Biotar do it same Rolling Eyes

Nah, that's VERY different!! You won't get sharpness AND the GLOW at teh same time!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let see in portrait action I tested also on trees, might be on a nice portrait I found them useful.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try and get more samples soon - weather was too dull and blustery over the weekend to stop down. I don't really do portraits, but there are samples on www.dreamagon.com (some nudity incase you're viewing at work).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the images are just too weird to evaluate through a viewfinder. With Scatterlight's Dream Optics simulation, you can tweak to get just the effect you want

http://www.andromeda.com/people/ddyer/photo/dream/dream.html

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
Quote:
the images are just too weird to evaluate through a viewfinder. With Scatterlight's Dream Optics simulation, you can tweak to get just the effect you want

Not a bad simulation - pretty close to what you get from the lens, but the scatterlight filter costs 119$ which is pretty much the same as the lens at 99 Euro... Anyway - where's the fun in doing it with photoshop Wink

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PS filter isn't as good - it blurs horizon into the sky...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, it reminds me a bit of those doubleexposures where you take one sharp picture and one out of focus. But a little bit different.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard_D wrote:
poilu wrote:
Quote:

Not a bad simulation - pretty close to what you get from the lens, but the scatterlight filter costs 119$ which is pretty much the same as the lens at 99 Euro... Anyway - where's the fun in doing it with photoshop Wink

Exactly Richard!! Where's the beef, eeeh ...fun!!