Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Focal MC Auto 28/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Focal MC Auto 28/2.8 Reply with quote

Focal MC Auto 28/2.8 (M42)

Does anybody know this lens or it's manufacturer? Its optical performance is not stellar, but it's certainly good for the price. It has separate ring instead of auto/manual switch and shiny multi-coating (vivid buble-like colors). Minimum focusing distance is lower than 30 cm.

Its shape is similar to fast 50mm lenses and it has very nice (almost professional) look esp. on DSLR camera.

here are some samples:

full resolution (no sharpening):

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not the best 28mm but all manual metal lens are so nice that's is always a pleasure to handle them

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Focal MC Auto 28/2.8 Reply with quote

no-X wrote:

Does anybody know this lens or it's manufacturer?

Back in the 70s I worked for a New Jersey discount chain that competed with K-Mart. We had a much better photo department! We carried this lens branded as "Continental Optics". I believe they originated at Makina Optical Co.

Bill

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't want to hijack this thread... but would like to know from others what's the difference of this Focal M42 lens to this lens?

thanks in advance! Smile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens is physically identical to the 28mm Makinon "compact" . The first looks like a Revuenon / Cosinon.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks not bad at all!