Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter-8 2/50 LTM
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Jupiter-8 2/50 LTM Reply with quote

Hi!

A friend of mine (who has just developed a taste for manual lenses Wink) wrongly bought this Jupiter-8, because he thought that it was an M39SLR and not an M39LTM mount. He of course cannot use it on his DSLR for regular shots.

I am a nice guy Wink , so I bought this lens from him (even with a little profit for him and it still was a good deal for me) to use it on my FED-3b.

This is what it looks like (with a hood that I had at my Industar-61).
The J8 is one stop faster (f2) than the Industar (f2.Cool.
I am eager to shoot with it now.

(Quick snap with an old Fuji 4800z digital cam.)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks very good on the Fed... I have the same Ind-61 and Fed 3 combo so I'll be looking for the results from this new lens of yours!

What's that turret vf?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It shows a 35mm FoV, so I can use it for my Jupiter-12.
I have added a cold shoe to be able to put my Leicameter there.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

j-8 is a very good performer. I own several copies (old "alu" , black , and kiev/contax mount) The best of my range is the "alu" kiev mount copy . Perhaps the rangefinder large base of the kiev contributes to the results .

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard good reputation of this lens, eager to see the result.