Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor-Q Auto 4/200mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Nikkor-Q Auto 4/200mm Reply with quote

Went to the little roadside zoo again and this time used the Nikkor-Q Auto 4/200mm on a few of the animals. I like the results however, it was a bit touchy when trying to fine tune the focus.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice guys! Lens provided "Russian" bokeh Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foreground is nice, on the camel. Background is ... not to my taste.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the feeling the later 200/4 versions are somewhat smoother - mine certainly seems so and I must look out samples

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice & funny shots Mike!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a bit surprised by the background/highlight bokeh as well. This copy of the lens is in near mint condition (maybe we now know why), I have another copy that looks well used, I will try that one out. I am happy with the sharpness and colors that the lens captures. The bokeh in #2 is not as distracting since the tree obscures most of it Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/japenese/nikon_nikkor/nikkor-q_200mm_f4_non_ai/

I didn't see this harsh bokeh on my pictures,perhaps light was too strong at your place and background was closer. My copy looks like people did play soccer with it Confused

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots. It's an underated lens IMO - it might never reach exceptional sharpness, but it's decently sharp even wide open, has good colour reproduction and has good smooth transitions. It's also a pretty funky design!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget bokeh, pretty good shots. (lens must also good, eh)