Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Flekt 35/2,4 vs. Pancolar 50/1,8?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Flekt 35/2,4 vs. Pancolar 50/1,8? Reply with quote

I need your help, guys.

Flekt 35/2,4 and Pancolar 50/1,8 are too much for me, in the similar distance focal, so I will use only one of them.

Which could be your election?

I know your good sense and knowledge, so I ask this question with all my confidence.

Thanks for all.

Rino

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are not much keep both!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Flekt 35/2,4 vs. Pancolar 50/1,8? Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
I need your help, guys.

Flekt 35/2,4 and Pancolar 50/1,8 are too much for me, in the similar distance focal, so I will use only one of them.

Which could be your election?

I know your good sense and knowledge, so I ask this question with all my confidence.

Thanks for all.

Rino

For me its the Flek 35mm. Why ? Well, because the 35mmm Zeiss is one of the best 35mm lens on the manual focus lens market meanwhile the Pancolar could be replaced by, let's say the Takumar f:1.4. Put it more simply, the 50mm Pancolar can be more easily replaced (with another 50mm lens) than the 35mm Flek (with another 35mm M42 lens).
But thats only my oppinion Wink

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys.

I will put in the camps face to face both lenses. One will win. I only carry three lenses. The 20/4, 135/3,5 MC and the 50/1,8 or 35/2,4 with two cameras - and if I can, only one.

And for portraits the J-9 (interiors pics).

Rino (I will tell you the end of the history)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question of your thread absorbt me the last weeks.
The Flektogon 35/2.4 or 35/2.8 (aluminium) was attractive, because with digital DSLR´s they come near to a "normal" lens.

But compairing with the Pancolar 50/1,8 I found the Pancolar much better. So it is my standard lens. In a second step I had to choose between the "Zebra" or "black" version of the Pancolar. The black one looks better, but the "Zebra" went to be my favorite. My be my copy of the "Zebra" was better then the black version.

Meanwhile I only use:
- for wide angle: Vivitar Auto Wide-Angle 28/2.5 - (Kiron)
- as standard lens: Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar 50/1.8 (85mm KB) / Zebra
- as tele: Carl Zeiss Jena Triotar 135/4 (aluminium)
- and for "cult": Schneider-Kreuznach Xenar 50/2.8 (aluminium), Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar 58/2.0 (black metall version) or Industar-50-2 ("Krasnogorsk", a real pancake).

I think about selling the other dozens of lenses I own... Confused

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Retro"]The question of your thread absorbt me the last weeks.
The Flektogon 35/2.4 or 35/2.8 (aluminium) was attractive, because with digital DSLR´s they come near to a "normal" lens.

But compairing with the Pancolar 50/1,8 I found the Pancolar much better. So it is my standard lens. In a second step I had to choose between the "Zebra" or "black" version of the Pancolar. The black one looks better, but the "Zebra" went to be my favorite. My be my copy of the "Zebra" was better then the black version.

Meanwhile I only use:
- for wide angle: Vivitar Auto Wide-Angle 28/2.5 - (Kiron)
- as standard lens: Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar 50/1.8 (85mm KB) / Zebra
- as tele: Carl Zeiss Jena Triotar 135/4 (aluminium)
- and for "cult": Schneider-Kreuznach Xenar 50/2.8 (aluminium), Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar 58/2.0 (black metall version) or Industar-50-2 ("Krasnogorsk", a real pancake).

I think about selling the other dozens of lenses I own... Confused[/quote]

Thanks, retro

In abstract, I think like you do. I feel that the Pancolar is better to me (don't have a zebra, only two MC). The pics with both will speack.

My cult lenses : summiluxM 75/1,4 and summicron M 50/2. I sold them. Without words....

Think a lot before sell lenses.!!

Regards. Rino.