Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor 24/2.8 AI-S with a K-1 ring
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Nikkor 24/2.8 AI-S with a K-1 ring Reply with quote

Having read Bjorn Rorslett´s lens reviews, I decided to buy a set of K-rings from eBay. Here are some test shots.

No PP, only resized with ViewNX.

The subjets were 5 to 10 cms from the front element. No automatic aperture, though. Had to focus with a full aperture, then close down.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome Mark!
have a nice time with us
a moderator will soon fix your pics (anti-spam)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Mark. Rorslett is pretty good on his assessment of the nikkors - I chose most of mine from his recommendations. I remember well getting the K rings for the same reason Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy . Look forward to seeing the pics.

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry,

the preview was OK. Should I do something to fix this?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed - they are very good

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots - are there any clearance issues with using K riings on a D200?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Nice to see you here!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

Richard: I didn´t find any problems mounting the K-1 ring. It´s a bit stiff, but otherwise Ok. The D200 mentions only the K-2 ring as uncompatible.

I´m planning to use the set for pinhole tests. You can change the focal lenght by removing some rings...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The K-2 will mount but it has a thread designed for the K-3. Thus neither the 2 nor the 3 is compatible. K-1 or the complete set is compatible.

patrickh