Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Focal Length
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Focal Length Reply with quote

Saw a sign that said "Scenic View", decided to see if they were right. Not much of a view, but I decided to see what different focal lengths would do to the scene. Hand held shots from basically the same position.

85mm

35mm

16mm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice colors!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the 16mm shot, great to wide on FF!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me the best one is 35mm.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really like any of them. It was the first time I shot with the Zenitar 16mm so I did not know what to expect. Since I wasn't impressed with the so called scenic view (would probably look nice in the fall when the leaves change color) I figured it would be a good visual representation of field of view with the different lenses I had in the bag at the time.

What it did show was how nice my 85mm is compared to the other two lenses. The 35mm is weak on the edges/corners looks like vignetting, but it shouldn't happen on a 35mm with no hood, should it?