Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Jupiter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Jupiter Reply with quote

The planet, that is, not the lenses!

NASA will, I am sure, be quaking in their boots, decomissioning Hubble, and cancelling the next flyby after seeing the awesome quality of these photos....

Nikon D40, Nikkor 300mm f/4.5 Ai @ ISO 200, f/8, 1/200s. Monopod. (Yes, I know I should get a tripod)

Actually, the fact that they came out at all and that a clear disk (rather than a mere dot) can be seen is kind of amazing.

The second shot with with a Vivitar MC 2x tele. Makes it bigger and blurrier. With a good imagination one might think to see some sort of detail there. ISO 400, f/5.6, 1/200s. Was trying not to go below 1/200s due to the shaky support...

Last edited by ChrisLilley on Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other Jupiter Razz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pixelbart wrote:
The other Jupiter Razz

After I posted, I thought perhaps I should clarify - editied the post - seems you noticed the same ambiguity.

Great minds, as my dad would say, think alike. (weak ones seldom differ, he would add).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Amazing! "Only" 300mm and still...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked your "hot girl" series better Very Happy
maybe you could turn that 300mm on her? Laughing