Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

In the Woods...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: In the Woods... Reply with quote

Went into forest today to shoot some nice nature. Taken with Pentacon 29mm and my shitty tripod.

One macro shot with Helios 44M-4 and Vivitar extension tubes.

Had a hard time getting the blob of water in focus. Had to hold my tripod when tilting so my camera wouldn't fall face down.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice landscape you have in Sweden and Pentacon render it very well

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! How beautiful this forest ? Nice job! Thank you for sharing!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your kind words. I will take more forest shots tomorrow if the weather is right. It has been a lot of rain the last few days.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm late, but love the forest shots! Excellent job!

Bill

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bra jobbat Wink

Nice shots. I have this lens and now that it's actually quit hard to use in forest, at least when I tried in march (not much light then on the other hand).

I liked that you made the stocks a major part in the composition, you avoided something I'm always afraid of with this type of shots in swedish forest - a green mess. But thanks to the structure of the dark stocks in contrast to the light on the moss, it holds the pictures together well. Very nice.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prometheus wrote:
Bra jobbat Wink

Nice shots. I have this lens and now that it's actually quit hard to use in forest, at least when I tried in march (not much light then on the other hand).

I liked that you made the stocks a major part in the composition, you avoided something I'm always afraid of with this type of shots in swedish forest - a green mess. But thanks to the structure of the dark stocks in contrast to the light on the moss, it holds the pictures together well. Very nice.

Tackar!

I haven't used another wide-angle lens in the forest so I can't make any comparison. I know my Pentacon is sharper than the Nikon equivalent (28mm), but I might have a good copy of the Pentacon or a bad copy of the Nikon. I really like this lens, except for the extreme flares it sometimes produces.

I had to lower the saturation (and raise contrast and blacks) a little bit in Lightroom because the camera/lens seems to often exaggerate the green in mosses for some reason.