Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta RF 250mm f5.6 mirror lens: convertion to EOS??
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Minolta RF 250mm f5.6 mirror lens: convertion to EOS?? Reply with quote

I bought the stuff, mentioned in other thread.
Now I am interested in using Minolta 250mm f5.6 mirror lens on my Canon Digital Rebel XT.
Has anyone tried here.. and how to go ahead with conversion.. Looking for direction here...

And looking forward for the samples from other folks here...

I paid $500 for this pack,

1) Canon Rebel XT/350D: less than 2000 shots used body (almost like new)
2) Canon Rebel K-2 Film body, no box, but almost brand new.. (only 6-8 films are exposed)
3) Canon EF Mk-II 50mm f1.8
4) extra battery for XT/350D, 1G Memory card and card reader
5) Minolta 250mm F5.6 Mirror lens

6) EOS->MD (Minolta) adapter (with optics)
7) Minolta Rokkor 28mm f2.4 MF MD mount
Cool Merkury 0.45X 58mm wide lens w/macro
9) Five Start 80-200mm f4.5 & Sigma 28-70mm MD manual focus lens
10) Focal 2x and ext tubes (MD)

I am interested in keeping Minolta 250mm f5.6 mirror lens (Digital rebel is bought for other friend here). I heard lot about this lens.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koji,
How did you convert Minolta SG 28mm f3.5 to Canon mount. I got this too in a lot.
Saw this lens in your gallery view...
http://www.pbase.com/kkawakami/mc_sg_28mm35

Cheers...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn good bargain! Congrats!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You called me, Ballu?

I have to see the mount in and out. Otherwise I cannot say "yes' or "no" to convert, since every MC/MD lenses have slightly different mount structures. Or you can show me the mount is exactly same as some other MC/MD lens I know of so that I can comment about the conversion. I do not have or have handled those Minolta Mirror lenses, anyway I head a good reputation of 250/5.6 mirror lens. A great catch.

By the way I did not convert SG 28/3.5 to EF-mount, I used italian made MD-EF mount replacement. I did convert MC 58/1.2, MC 58/1.4, MC 85/1.7, Sigma 8mm F4 circular fisheye, and Canon FD 5/1.2 S.S.C. to EF-mount.

OKAY, I misunderstood your intension. You want t to convert SG 28/3.5 to EF-mount, eh?
Let's me check the lens. Wait for an hour or so.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

koji wrote:
You want t to convert SG 28/3.5 to EF-mount, eh?
Let's me check the lens. Wait for an hour or so.

Thanks.... Along with 250mm mirror lens, I got 28mm too... I will be interested in that too... How is your experience with this (28mm) lens...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I have checked it. This MC Rokkor-SG 28mm F3.5 has the same mount structure as MD 45/2 lens, so it is VERY difficult to convert to EF-mount. It is not worth to do it IMO.

This 28mm lens is so so, I think. Not used too much, there is newer MD 28/2.8 I own, which is better to me. The design of this lens was done before computerization of optical design, it has not enough correction for many aberrations.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

koji wrote:
Okay, I have checked it. This MC Rokkor-SG 28mm F3.5 has the same mount structure as MD 45/2 lens, so it is VERY difficult to convert to EF-mount. It is not worth to do it IMO.

Thanks.. Thats what I was thinking (similarity between 28mm and 45mm lenses, mount with aperture mechanism). I am not going to touch that lens... may be, eBay will be used...