Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

got something from the Yash Mat
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: got something from the Yash Mat Reply with quote

out in the Pennsylvania woods, a VueScan of Fuji PRO160S, three layer B&w conversion, platinum + selenium tone curves. Yashica Mat 124G, I finally think the lens is almost as good as the one on the Diacord.

This image is a bit about post processing, there is more to do to really bring out further magic in the image - selective masking and burning/dodging etc. I feel that sort of work was always inherent in the fine photography craft, a really good printer would put the image up a notch or two. Of course back then the heavy metals in the papers, as well as the higher proportion of silver, made for a poisonous but beautiful output.

The resizing and upload here looks to have lost a bit of detail - the second rank tree trunks should have plenty. I reloaded with a bit of sharpening.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful shot, Nesster! My Ricohflex is taking a back seat while I'm shooting
some Fuji Acros through my Agfa folder.