Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schneider Xenar 135/4.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Schneider Xenar 135/4.5 Reply with quote

Hi all,
I chanced upon an ebay auction for this lens and got it for $9 (plus shipping) -- only bidder.

It has a weird bayonet mount that I've never seen before. I intend to (somehow) adapt it for K-mount.

Does anyone know what sort of mount this is?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link please I would see the rare part (mount)

This is a very nice lens, you made a damn good deal.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280248356194

I'm not sure if the mount is "rare" or not... I'm not that familiar with those weird bayonet mounts like Exacta etc. but for $9.00 I figured it was worth it, even if I can't reach infinity it will be interesting to play with.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Exacta mount to me. Heck of a deal you got there!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen them go for $40 or so... the description does say "spot on glass" if that means coating defect, well... I've recently discovered that some judiciously-applied polishing compound can get rid of almost any defect Shocked it also gets rid of coatings really well Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Exakta. It looks like it has the locking lug in the right spot.

The good news is, you CAN use it on a K-mount !

(with a bit of bother)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have this totally rinky-dink "Hanimex" 135/2.8 in M42 with an all-plastic wobbly body. i actually bothered to repair it but now I'm thinking of destroying it just to get its soft aluminum M42 mount Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Edixa-Tele-Xenar sold for 100£ yesterday Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@zewrak

found your flickr and posts. your lens is an f3.5 in M42, this one (which i haven't received yet...) is an f4.5 in Exakta. So perhaps not quite the same lens.. this one is really old (1951 based on the serial number!!)

i actually have quite a number of 135 lenses: a CZJ Sonnar, a Pentax-M, and a Pentax Auto-Takumar with non-instant-return diaphragm. Haven't really compared them to to each other except the Sonnar focuses much, much closer than the Pentaxes.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

orly_andico wrote:
@zewrak

found your flickr and posts. your lens is an f3.5 in M42, this one (which i haven't received yet...) is an f4.5 in Exakta. So perhaps not quite the same lens.. this one is really old (1951 based on the serial number!!)

i actually have quite a number of 135 lenses: a CZJ Sonnar, a Pentax-M, and a Pentax Auto-Takumar with non-instant-return diaphragm. Haven't really compared them to to each other except the Sonnar focuses much, much closer than the Pentaxes.

Yes, my point was that you got a cheapo lens though. I don't think that mine should be that more expensive. I mean mine went for almost twenty times more then yours. So you have made a good deal. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finally got my hands on this lens

it has less contrast and is less sharp than the CZ Jena Sonnar 135/3.5 Confused

based on the serial number it was made in 1951, quite heavy and long (longer than the Sonnar)

haven't had a chance to take some sample shots though (just around the house) as its middle of the work week...