Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Compare Canon FD 1,2/55 aspherical, Canon FL 1,2/55, Rokkor
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Compare Canon FD 1,2/55 aspherical, Canon FL 1,2/55, Rokkor Reply with quote

Hello everybody , I am new in this forum and try to make contact with person, who already convert Canon FD mount into EOS mount.
My result can be seen at http://www.flickr.com/people/29149282@N07/.
All the picture were taken with EOS 30D.

The reason is easy, price falling down in the past time , so the possibility to get some old lens more easier than before.
Regards

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your reference is not working unfortunately. You should use [URL] box above writing area. Click [URL] box first, then paste your HP page address, after that click [URL] box again to finish the process.

regard.../koji

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Koji for the info !, what I saw in the sreen was not the same with what I send.
Here is the link http://www.flickr.com/people/29149282@N07/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome!
you will surely show us a lot of interesting
have a nice time with us

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for joining us! Thank you for this valuable information!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your post. I've been wondering how the Canon 55/1.2 Aspherical compares to other similar lenses. It looks much better than the Canon FL lens at 1.2, but not quite as sharp as the Rokkor 58mm. Do you agree that the Rokkor is the sharpest of the three lenses at f1.2? If so, I wonder if any 50-58mm lens can beat the Rokkor at 1.2.

I have not converted any FD or FL lenses to EOS mount, but would consider doing so. There are a few FD lenses I might convert to EOS mount if I got a good deal on one. Of particular interest to me are the three aspherical lenses, the 24/1.4, 55/1.2, and 85/1.2.

--Geoff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is true , Rokkor 1,2/58 is a great lens ( I use the "radio aktive version") and had a little yellow/brown coating inside. This effekt should be disappear if I let it in the sunshine for two days or more (but never done).

If you see the last picture ("dirty shoe"), you 'll find that FD 1,2/55 aspherical shows more details, or may be I am wrong ?

Regards