Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Asahi Opt. Co. Fish-eye-Takumar 1:4/17
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Asahi Opt. Co. Fish-eye-Takumar 1:4/17 Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay
I've bid for this item. My max.bid was 101$ but I was expecting to see somethinlig like 250$ as I've watched one before which had ended with 225$.

I can buy a Canon Fisheye EF 15mm f/2.8 Autofocus for 580$ (used will be cheaper) which is a good lens, faster and wider for a Canon user then isn't $415 (end price can be even higher) is a bit expensive for a 17/4 fisheye although it is in a very good shape? Is this Takumar really that good?

As a result I want to hear and see samples from the ones who own this lens Smile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 4/17 is a nice lens. I think you will find that $200-$250 is on the average for this lens if in excellent condition. If you are patient you could find one for $150-$175. The tak is one of the lower priced MF fish lenses. It is however impeccably built/optically excellent and as such the best value available. Don't bother with a new lens for a fish. AF is useless for these lenses. Older models such as the Tak 4/17 have built in filters that can be quite useful for B+W film photography. One of my favorite ways to make use of a fish Smile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you able to pickup a good Zenitar that is hard to beat!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have that one, very nice. There was an earlier 11/18mm which I also have (a collector's piece), but optically the newer one is much better.

But I agree with Attila, get a Zenitar, much cheaper and has excellent quality considering its price!!