Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First shots with my new toy - Zenitar 16mm/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: First shots with my new toy - Zenitar 16mm/2.8 Reply with quote

and finally with a 12mm extension tube, handheld/rested on paper:

[/img]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I really amazed by last one! Seems Zenitar 16mm a must have lens to everybody! Nice samples! Thank you for sharing!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great set, love the last two. The daisy pic rocks!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice samples Richard!

I have this lens and have actually had it in my bag for over a week. Still have not shot with it. Sad

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice... i'm expecting mine shortly Smile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great samples; I have to try it, 16mm 2.8, useful lens

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEAUTIFUL rendition on a VERY tough shot of the clouds! Fine colors, great contrast. NICE work, all of it!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never thought about using that lens for macro - the daisy must have nearly touches the front lens?? Great shot!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Richard
I have read about a fair bit of copy variation with this lens. You seem to have cleared that hurdle as these are beautiful. Truly a nice job with that macro shot. I have tried to do this a couple of times with a 4/17 Tak. Your results are much more natural looking. Congrats!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you're enjoying your new toy Richard Smile Never been much of a fisheye fan but these pics might just change my mind. I love the colours too.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEAUTIFUL! nice clear pics.
Love the dark blue whole in the clouds ...
perfect macro result..

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The zenitar is great, works out to about 24mm on my K100d and is good for close ups here are a couple of mine
And also

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Never been much of a fisheye fan but these pics might just change my mind.

I agree, this is inspiring Smile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks folks.

I'm pleased with it - I was worried it would be too much of an 'occasional gimick' lens, but it works well as a macro (although I could do with an 8mm tube - with 12mm I'm literally millimeters from the subject) and loves big skies. On a crop cam it's possible with careful framing to almost completely lose the distortion as well (not that de-fishing it is difficult).

On the downside it's quite flare prone (unsurprisingly!) and the cap is in danger of being lost very quickly (60-62mm step up ring on urgent order!).

On the whole I'd rate it a 4 out of 5 lens.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with you entirely about the Zenitar and I found I have used it far more than I would have originally thought. That big bulbous glass at the front frightens me too! Do you ever use the filters btw?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poolhall wrote:
Agree with you entirely about the Zenitar and I found I have used it far more than I would have originally thought. That big bulbous glass at the front frightens me too! Do you ever use the filters btw?

I've not used the filters yet - it only arrived at the weekend. No chance to try it on film yet either.