Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Stealth bag for a NEX set...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Stealth bag for a NEX set... Reply with quote

I am constantly looking for the perfect camera bag (this is, you could say, my other addiction Wink).

A perfect bag combines those features:

- big enough for the set I want to bring (plus some additional room for surprise buys Wink)
- rugged
- protective for the gear inside
- inconspicuous
- low priced

This is very difficult to find. Billingham bags for example offer everything but the last aspect, well, perhaps the second last neither. Wink

And every bag can only perfect for a certain set. A pefect bag for a big DSLR set looks different from one for my Digilux 2, of course.

Just recently I have found a solution for a rather small (and still pretty complete) NEX-set:

That is a "combat bag" which normally is used by the German Army, just in black. The film roll indicates that it is pretty compact.

It is very pleasant to carry around, because it is made out of very rugged canvas and weighs next to nothing.

With some pad inside it protects the gear well and that looks like this:

All that stuff easily fits inside in the present configuration:

And I forgot the small tripod that fits into the front compartment.

And I think nobody would ever expect a camera inside when he sees this bag hanging from my shoulders...
(Well, perhaps soon they will... Wink)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good! Is it available online or did you find it in a local shop?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riku wrote:

That is another good part. I got it from Amazon.de, for just about €10,-!!

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0014VEZ9Q

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Riku wrote:

That is another good part. I got it from Amazon.de, for just about €10,-!!

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0014VEZ9Q

Shocked

I'm going to get it! Smile

Shipping price is a bit discouraging (22€).... Confused But I've been searching for a bag like this for a long time.

Did you add those paddings or were they all included?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, there is no padding included. Actually, there is nothing included apart from the bag. Laughing

I have so many bags that I have a lot of those pads. And I have bought a padded insert for a Kalahari K-35:
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B002CZP86C

With that one I had enough pads to fill two other bags. This "combat bag" and a messenger bag which is a big bigger and holds two more lenses plus my Digilux 2.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riku wrote:

Shipping price is a bit discouraging (22€)....

I would offer to get one for you and send it to you, but since we need to calculate shipping twice, first to my and then to your place, there won't be much difference, I reckon. Sad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riku wrote:

Shipping price is a bit discouraging (22€).... :? But I've been searching for a bag like this for a long time.

Now that you know what it's called, just search eBay for: BW Kampftasche groß

The cheapest one I can find in black is about 24 euros, including shipping.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys. Dimensions of that bag are 37 x 30 x 15 cm. I guess it's important to be at least 15cm wide, if you're going to add any padding?

I guess I would carry a bit less gear that LucisPictor...