Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

By the locks
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: By the locks Reply with quote

I bought myself a new lens again and this time it's a Nikkor P C 2.5/ 105.
So far I'm happy with it. It seems to be even a bit sharper then the series E 100mm and perhaps a little more contrast. Payed around 40$ for it which I think is cheap for such quality.
Took a small series of pictures today by the town locks. Hope you like it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great samples , I had this lens too. I bought around 55 USD this price is a steal for such a quality lens like this

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats! bargain price for a top lens

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done samples with a great lens. That was very cheap for this quality - one of nikon's best.

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!

I have done some more comparisons and it seems that this is probably the sharpest lens I have in my small collection.
I wonder if this lens was AI from the start or if it has been converted during it's life. The age and the colour of the F stop numbers indicate non AI, but it's definitely AI now.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sven,
Check the serial # against this list & you can glean a little more info. Clicking on the blue hyperlinks brings up more info or pictures...

http://photosynthesis.co.nz/nikon/serialno.html

Scott

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info!
It's always amazing to see how many helpful sites there are.

Judging by this list my lens is a non-AI from the start and converted to AI with a Nikon kit.
It doesn't look exactly like the picture in the hyper link, but I guess that can vary during a long series.
I can't help admiring the build standard of these old Nikkors. It really has a solid feel to it, compared to modern plastic lenses.

Last edited by Sven on Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks nice. I have been thinking of getting one also but haven't got the opportunity. Anyone knows how this compares to S-M-C 2.8/105mm?