Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

3 new 75mm's
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:54 pm    Post subject: 3 new 75mm's Reply with quote

I happen to like 75mm and have spotted 3 new ones that might be interesting.

1. Zenitar 75mm 1.4 Helios
https://www.zenit.photo/en/catalog/zenitar-75mm-f-1-7-lens-he/

2. Voigtländer Ultron 75mm 1.9
https://www.mirrorlessrumors.com/cosina-will-soon-announce-these-four-new-leica-m-and-nikon-z-lenses/

3. Light Lens Lab Cooke Speed Panchro 75mm f2 SPII replica.
https://lightlenslab.myshopify.com/blogs/upcoming-project/light-lens-lab-75mm-f-2-spii

The Speed Panchro is the most interesting to me. The originals are a bit expensive and hopefully the new ones will be a bit more affordable.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 3 new 75mm's Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:

Thank you!

I like 75s too. The Ultron looks particularly interesting IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 3 new 75mm's Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
blotafton wrote:

Thank you!

I like 75s too. The Ultron looks particularly interesting IMO.

Yes potentially for me too, I'd like a 6/4 design. Or image quality that is similar to that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They could at least provide some samples with that Zenitar. I'm not sure who'd order the lens without seeing a single image taken with it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems there will be a 7artisan 75mm F2.0 in Leica M too but there is no any confirmation from 7artisan yet.

The Speed Panchro II replica also available in 50mm focal length. I hope they can help bring down the price of the original one but it is unlikely to happen...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
It seems there will be a 7artisan 75mm F2.0 in Leica M too but there is no any confirmation from 7artisan yet.

The Speed Panchro II replica also available in 50mm focal length. I hope they can help bring down the price of the original one but it is unlikely to happen...

I can only hope for a good price. At least their 35mm Summicron replica seems to be selling if you look at the fredmiranda forum. But $1099 and $999 is quite a lot for them.

Thanks for mentioning the 7artisans 75mm f2. I will be looking for eventual samples.

Quote:
They could at least provide some samples with that Zenitar. I'm not sure who'd order the lens without seeing a single image taken with it.

I have seen one gallery. Don't remember the site and they don't show up on google. But there is a video on youtube with some of the shots.
At first glance my impression is that it's a newer softer bokeh than a Helios 40 and therefore not as good as it or a Biotar.

Yes speaking of that Meyer Optik Görlitz is making a new" Biotar 75 f1.5 II".

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leaked image of the Ultron 75mm.

Looks good if you ask me.

https://digicame-info.com/2023/01/ultron-75mm-f19-vm.html

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 7Artisans 75mm F1.25, wide-open on the Leica M9.

This lens is far better than the reviewers would have you believe- my guess is that can't focus it correctly. I set the adjustable Cam for my M9, it is spot-on.

At under $450, and F1.25: it fills the 75mm focal length for me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fiftyonepointsix wrote:

This lens is far better than the reviewers would have you believe- my guess is that can't focus it correctly. I set the adjustable Cam for my M9, it is spot-on.

Yes it seems pretty good if you want a low f/number. I might get one used in the future.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news!

TTArtisan has 2 new 75mm lenses soon to be released.

Depending on price I'd really like a fat boy Biotar.

75mm f1.5 Biotar copy.
[/url]

The other one is AF 75mm f2 and not as exciting.

Also here is an image of the previously mentioned LLL Cooke Speed Panchro 75mm f2 replica.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2024 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, each of the three somehow manages to cheapen the name of a classic lens.

The Zenitar at least has the KMZ connection, I suppose.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2024 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

75mm f1.5 looks interesting!
https://photorumors.com/2024/09/11/here-are-all-the-new-products-ttartisan-will-announce-in-the-next-few-days/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2024 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fiftyonepointsix wrote:

I got a used one for $300. I like the FOV and bokeh combination it delivers.

visualopsins wrote:
75mm f1.5 looks interesting!

I hope this famous Biotar won't be overpriced like that awful $1400 MOG rerelease. Judging by their previous release of the Trioplan 100/2.8 for a bit over $200 this new 6/4 lens release should also be affordable.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2024 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianSVP wrote:
Wow, each of the three somehow manages to cheapen the name of a classic lens.

The Zenitar at least has the KMZ connection, I suppose.

I really appreciate the creation of replicas. Makes them available to more people as long as they don't price them like the old ones. I enjoy using the ttartisan Trioplan replica for example.

And Light Lens Lab is above the others in my opinion. They obtain an original and supposedly measure each element and even try to replicate the glass recipe. But I can't confirm that.
But there has been complaints over at the fredmiranda forum concerning their 8 element Leica 35mm f2 with decentering issues.

Here some of the few shots I've been able to find from the Zenitar. And it looks really bad unfortunatly. Or maybe it's bad technique.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/137349960@N03/albums/72177720301804596/