Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Müller & Wetzig Doppel Anastigmat 4.5/13.5cm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:49 am    Post subject: Müller & Wetzig Doppel Anastigmat 4.5/13.5cm Reply with quote

First some images from the lens, taken with Sony Nex and a combined set of Chinese helicoid and extension rings. Contrast and exposure tweaks are applied, as without a hood the lens easily loses contrast.

#1 Near infinity, WO

#2 Near infinity, f6.3

#3 Mid range, WO

#4 Mid range, f6.3

#5 MFD or almost, with the current setup, WO

#6 At f6.3 (the light changed meanwhile)

The lens is sharp WO, even though even on APS-C camera the corners are not that much. Closing the aperture makes image center even crisper.

The overall rendering makes me think about some other lenses coming (I presume) from more or less the same era. For example, a projection E.Busch Rathenow Mod. Ki 135mm, which seems to render more micro detail (to note that I shot in a better sun light with the latter). Meantime Müller&Wetzig is an enlarger lens, with fully functional multi-lamel diaphragm. Another allusive reference is Kodak Anastigmat 6.3/126, a taking lens with very good image sharpness and contrast, after a similar PP.

The physical aspect of my Müller & Wetzig Doppel Anastigmat is equal to the one listed by Delta lenses project.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2024 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. Doppel anastigmat implies to me 1930's at the latest. Of course, I have never heard of this manufacturer but the images seem very good. I love to play with these antique bits of kit. Nicely done. Any chance of images of the lens and rig?