Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tair 3 PHS + Sony A7iii - a day at the zoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 10:21 pm    Post subject: Tair 3 PHS + Sony A7iii - a day at the zoo Reply with quote

I have this lens for about a year now, but due to its size I never really used it that much. Recently I went to the local zoo to see what this lens is really capable of.

For video footage click here: https://youtu.be/-UMN5LDFEoM

And a 100% crop

I'm really impressed by this lens. It's sharp, even wide open. The colors are rich and warm, and the 'knob' to focus with on the bottom is actually quite nice. 300mm is a focal length that I rarely use, but for a visit to the zoo it's perfect.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2024 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really is a beautiful lens but also quite heavy and cumbersome. You (and Sony) did a great job of stablising the video without a tripod as it can get a bit shaky and you ended up with some lovely shots. Excellent work and you've made me want to use my Tair 300 again. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2024 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, results, is this Amersfoort Zoo? I'm there about 4 times per year.

I used to have he TAIR when I was a student, including the gun-attachment. It's a sharp lens and it was fun to play around with.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2024 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BudapestByBlimp wrote:
It really is a beautiful lens but also quite heavy and cumbersome. You (and Sony) did a great job of stablising the video without a tripod as it can get a bit shaky and you ended up with some lovely shots. Excellent work and you've made me want to use my Tair 300 again. Thanks.

Thanks, yeah I did set the in-body stabilization of the Sony on 300mm and luckily there are many bars/railings in the zoo, on which I could rest the lens.

caspert79 wrote:

I used to have he TAIR when I was a student, including the gun-attachment. It's a sharp lens and it was fun to play around with.

This is Rotterdam Blijdorp. I hadn't been there for maybe 20 years, but I thought it would be a nice place to try out the Tair Smile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baekmann wrote:
BudapestByBlimp wrote:

Thanks, yeah I did set the in-body stabilization of the Sony on 300mm and luckily there are many bars/railings in the zoo, on which I could rest the lens.

caspert79 wrote:

This is Rotterdam Blijdorp. I hadn't been there for maybe 20 years, but I thought it would be a nice place to try out the Tair Smile

I find it always really hard to select the right lens for the zoo; I don't know about Rotterdam, but the zoo in Amersfoort is quite dark because it's basically in a forest. But my best zoo-images I probably took with a 300mm as well (with the rather slow Mamiya Sekor C 300mm f/5.6), but only where there are open and light spaces. I don't have a fast lens in the long tele range.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baekmann wrote:
This is Rotterdam Blijdorp.

I thought I recognized it Smile I live just north of Rotterdam, so I go to Blijdorp once or twice a year.

The Tair-3 weighs 1,3 kg according to my information. That is a lot of weight to carry around!

Regards, C.