Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cross spiders macro 1:1 and my rig
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2024 4:21 pm    Post subject: Cross spiders macro 1:1 and my rig Reply with quote

Both macro 1:1, first is a Contax 100/2.8 at f/8, 2nd it's a Canon FD 200/4 at f/8, different critters. Cousins maybe Very Happy
And my rig

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2024 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice set up!
How much travel on the "focusing plate"?

Nice on the spiders too!

Like 1 Like 1

-D.S.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2024 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!
Close to 2" travel which is more than enough for focusing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I know where the missing drill press vise ended up. Wink

Is that what it is?

-D.S.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shot! Like 1

That's a lot of weight there too; TWO Manfrotto geared heads + focus platform...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are expressive scary ones!

By coincidence, a couple weeks ago I was attracted by dozens of spiders who occupied the window of a estate agency. In the evening their webs and overall massive presence looked especially greedy. I only had a mobile phone with me, so I took some macro with what I had under my hand. Yours clearly renders more detail.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a drill press vise. I have that too but it sits on the drill press Very Happy

It's a Velmex linear stage

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/124836408902

The brunt is carried by a 405 Manfrotto geared head which is more than adequate for the task.