Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus OM 200mm 5.0
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 3:44 pm    Post subject: Olympus OM 200mm 5.0 Reply with quote

I guess this is a bit of a follow on to the Minolta topic earlier this week. The weather today is beautiful (according to the weather forecast probably the last nice warm sunny weather we will have this year) so I went to Blijdorp zoo in Rotterdam and decided to bring my Olympus OM 200mm f/5 to see what it could do. The little brother to the f/4 version.

Being an all metal construction it really isn't that much lighter weight than the Minolta MDII or MDIII 200mm f/4 and add in the slightly heavier adapter with Olympus' longer flange distance the difference is only 10 grams.

Pretty much the entire day was shot at ISO400 and f/8. The biggest problem was the long MFD of 2.5m. Sometimes I couldn't back up far enough, or only just but had to wait for a hole to open up in the people walking by. But this lens certainly did not disappoint, overall I am very happy with the results. This one was converted from raw to *.jpg "fine" with nothing done to it.

Regards, C.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Very nice!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2024 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shot!

Like 1 Like 1

You are getting with-in good distances of your zoo subjects.

-D.S.