Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Which cap and filter for Kilfitt makro Kilar 40mm?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:55 am    Post subject: Which cap and filter for Kilfitt makro Kilar 40mm? Reply with quote

Hallo Folks,

I chanced upon a kilfitt makro 40mm 2.8, in very good conditions , mintish as some people say.

I would like to find a cap and possibly a filter for this lens.

Cap could be also repro.

Last option, which i'm aware of, a chinese cap of the right size: it might be not well matching though.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Which cap and filter for Kilfitt makro Kilar 40mm? Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your answer. I managed to find the same type of cap. As for the rear lens hitting the mirror, my copy is in Exakta mount, on canon eos.

So it doesn't reach for infinite but it can focus as far as I estimate to be some meters. More than enough for portraiture and living room work.

Probably due to this fact it behaved well with the rear mirror. I will keep en eye on this though, good suggestion.

I wonder if this lens ever had a cap given that there is no thread inside and there seems not to be clearance for an old type pressure cap with an internal velvet strip as they were usual back in that days.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazer0ne wrote:
pleto wrote:
Thanks for your answer. I managed to find the same type of cap. As for the rear lens hitting the mirror, my copy is in Exakta mount, on canon eos.

So it doesn't reach for infinite but it can focus as far as I estimate to be some meters. More than enough for portraiture and living room work.

Probably due to this fact it behaved well with the rear mirror. I will keep en eye on this though, good suggestion.

I wonder if this lens ever had a cap given that there is no thread inside and there seems not to be clearance for an old type pressure cap with an internal velvet strip as they were usual back in that days.

Can't say whether the rear glass will hit the mirror but it will definitely hit the table.

The lens pictured is actually Exakta mount with an M42 adapter ring added.

ok saw the tiny screw. Does it work well? It really looks perfectly simple.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also wondering which lens cap fits on a Kilfitt 40mm Makro lens? Unfortunately the posted information regarding a lens cap is no longer visible.

I recently was able to buy a F3.5 E type Lens and am looking for a lens cap as well.

Regards,

Stefan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Distefano wrote:
I am also wondering which lens cap fits on a Kilfitt 40mm Makro lens? Unfortunately the posted information regarding a lens cap is no longer visible.

I recently was able to buy a F3.5 E type Lens and am looking for a lens cap as well.

This 49mm snap-on front cap does the job.