Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help with Canon FD lever
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 6:44 pm    Post subject: Help with Canon FD lever Reply with quote

Hi, I received this lens (Canon FD mount) by post and unfortunately the lever arrived broken... I would like to try to glue or solder it, but unfortunately space is really limited, is it possible to remove the upper iron part ?
Thank you

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome , what lens are we talking about?
I don't think any of your options glue or solder would work for broken parts on lenses (most of the cases I guess), as these parts are very precisely machined to to their perfect job with very small tolerance. Depending on the lens you have ,it would be possible to get parts for it ,it would be the best option

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:
Welcome , what lens are we talking about?
I don't think any of your options glue or solder would work for broken parts on lenses (most of the cases I guess), as these parts are very precisely machined to to their perfect job with very small tolerance. Depending on the lens you have ,it would be possible to get parts for it ,it would be the best option

Hi, thank you, it's a Vivitar 3.5-5.3 28-200 mm.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That lens it should go for peanuts I guess , if you paid for it, better return it, if not ,better look for another option . What camera are you planning to use it anyway and where are you located? I don't have previous experience with that specific lens