Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Super-Multi-Coated TAKUMAR 1:3.5 / 28 + A7R2 -- Landscape
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:04 pm    Post subject: Super-Multi-Coated TAKUMAR 1:3.5 / 28 + A7R2 -- Landscape Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good. Looks like f 5.6-f 8.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In an arena of common 28 2.8 lenses ( of which I have or have had 36 Rolling Eyes ) the Takumar 28 / 3.5 is by far my favorite 28 lens. The Vivitar 28 / 2.8 is probably 'the legend' due to it being so common and and cheap, but the reality is most OEM lenses from Olympus, Canon, Minolta etc set the standard, and everyone wants the faster lenses. Is the extra stop actually important on a 28mm lens that most people use for landscapes? Not in my view, if I'm doing wide landscapes I'm stopping down anyway so a 3.5 lens is ok, especially one as good as the Takumar.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1
It's a fave of mine as well. Just a few days ago, I was singing its praises in the "latest lenses" thread.

Lloydy wrote:
In an arena of common 28 2.8 lenses ( of which I have or have had 36 Rolling Eyes ) the Takumar 28 / 3.5 is by far my favorite 28 lens. The Vivitar 28 / 2.8 is probably 'the legend' due to it being so common and and cheap, but the reality is most OEM lenses from Olympus, Canon, Minolta etc set the standard, and everyone wants the faster lenses. Is the extra stop actually important on a 28mm lens that most people use for landscapes? Not in my view, if I'm doing wide landscapes I'm stopping down anyway so a 3.5 lens is ok, especially one as good as the Takumar.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the first version of the Super Tak and it's honestly my first disappointment using a Takumar lens. It's just not sharp and the colors seem dull. Maybe I need to find a newer SMC version with the 49mm filter threads.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what should be seen on these 2 pics ?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex_d wrote:
what should be seen on these 2 pics ?

Details...details. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aha .. ok

i was looking and searching .. but no sasquatch ?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex_d wrote:
aha .. ok

I was just out of frame to the right... Wink

The shots look nice and punchy and way sharper than either of my 2 run of the mill 28mm f2.8s. Almost bought one the other day but didn't find one at a price I liked, have to keep looking I guess.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sasquatch wrote:
alex_d wrote:
aha .. ok

I was just out of frame to the right... Wink

ok so it was a crop sensor - no sasquatch. hope Peta does not read this..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr_tibbs2004 wrote:
I have the first version of the Super Tak and it's honestly my first disappointment using a Takumar lens. It's just not sharp and the colors seem dull. Maybe I need to find a newer SMC version with the 49mm filter threads.

That is a totally different lens. A much older design akin to the 35/2.3 Auto-Takumar. I like it for different reasons. It has nice bokeh and a vintage look. The newer 49mm filter thread version is much sharper and more contrasty.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link to the original jpg -- zoom zoom zoom !
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MZS5cFQnF0TDuRQsn6o05HWJmSIBrWbX/view

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Link to the original jpg -- zoom zoom zoom !
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MZS5cFQnF0TDuRQsn6o05HWJmSIBrWbX/view

Nothing wrong with that..

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% crop reveals Turkey Vultures BIF(!)

After 84.81" of rainfall since the beginning of 2024 the very clear still-air landscape extending to mountains 50km distant...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
100% crop reveals Turkey Vultures BIF(!)

After 84.81" of rainfall since the beginning of 2024 the very clear still-air landscape extending to mountains 50km distant...

great micro contrast !

but missing 3D PoP ...