Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Stiff Helicoid Contax Zeiss 85 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:00 pm    Post subject: Stiff Helicoid Contax Zeiss 85 2.8 Reply with quote

Can't find a logical way to access the inner helicoid. On the CZJ lenses there's a screw holding it in place but I can't see any screws on the inside or outside of the lens whether at infinity or minimum focus.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try peeling off the grip. There are probably set screws holding it in place the outer focus under there, which will lift off once removed, allowing you to freely rotate all the internal components . These would also be used to set infinity focus, too, as Pic #2 clearly shows the infinity stops attached to the outer ring.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianSVP wrote:
Try peeling off the grip. There are probably set screws holding it in place the outer focus under there, which will lift off once removed, allowing you to freely rotate all the internal components . These would also be used to set infinity focus, too, as Pic #2 clearly shows the infinity stops attached to the outer ring.

I'm afraid the grip is metal and a part of the barrel.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WM1 wrote:
BrianSVP wrote:

Are you sure? As far as i remember, the grips on CY lenses are made of rubber. Check the fifth photo on this link http://www.bigeye.url.tw/big5/d_cz85_14_2.htm , the screw under the grip is used to adjust the infinity.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
WM1 wrote:
BrianSVP wrote:

Are you sure? As far as i remember, the grips on CY lenses are made of rubber. Check the fifth photo on this link http://www.bigeye.url.tw/big5/d_cz85_14_2.htm , the screw under the grip is used to adjust the infinity.

You're right I just peeled it off, thank you.