Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Comparison MIR24H 35mm f/2 vs Minolta MDIII 35mm f/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:00 am    Post subject: Comparison MIR24H 35mm f/2 vs Minolta MDIII 35mm f/2.8 Reply with quote

I did a quick comparison between these lenses in another topic, but the light conditions were changing all the time. So, this time, another comparison in stable weather conditions.

comparison by devoscasper, on Flickr

Conclusion: The MIR is sharp in the center from f/2. Both lenses are sharp in the center @ all tested apertures. The MIR needs some closing down to match the corners of the Minolta. @f/5.6 it's close, and @ f/8 and f/11 it's about the same.
I think the MIR does a pretty good job, considering that the Minolta is one of the best vintage 35mm's available. For landscape photography my first choice would be the Minolta; it needs less closing down, and is a much lighter lens. It has slightly better contrast as well. When it comes to inside or bokeh photography, my first choice would be the MIR. It's faster, and has a small MFD. This is the maximum bokeh I could get out of both lenses:

MaxBokehComparison by devoscasper, on Flickr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very useful info.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of a lop-sided test, especially if the Mir is what I think it is...

Do you have a pic of the Mir?
That 35 f2 Mir is one of those "almost bought" lenses for me.
The blades on the copy I was considering were in dire need of a cleaning, and I let it pass...

-D.S.