Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ACT 300 120mm F1.6 Adapted Projector Lens Shooting Instax
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:43 pm    Post subject: ACT 300 120mm F1.6 Adapted Projector Lens Shooting Instax Reply with quote

I haven't had much of a chance to test this yet, but it's basically perfect. You can comfortably shoot indoors with "regular and available" light.

If anyone knows of anything longer or shorter about about this fast or faster that will cover 6x6, I'd love to hear about it. Also very long lenses interest me, hopefully faster than f4.

[/img]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:12 am    Post subject: Re: ACT 300 120mm F1.6 Adapted Projector Lens Shooting Insta Reply with quote

hudson wrote:

If anyone knows of anything longer or shorter about about this fast or faster that will cover 6x6, I'd love to hear about it. Also very long lenses interest me, hopefully faster than f4.

Kipronar 1.9/16.5cm. Huge, as you can see below, here with a CZJ Sonnar 3.5/135mm:

I also have an Francke & Heidecke Heidosmat 4/400mm projection lens which should work for your purposes. Even larger of course ...

S

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: ACT 300 120mm F1.6 Adapted Projector Lens Shooting Insta Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
hudson wrote:

Kipronar 1.9/16.5cm. Huge, as you can see below, here with a CZJ Sonnar 3.5/135mm:

I also have an Francke & Heidecke Heidosmat 4/400mm projection lens which should work for your purposes. Even larger of course ...

S

The Kipronar is very interesting! They get less swirly as they get longer right? The short ones are very swirly it seems.

The F & H is interesting, but it is even more enormous as you say.

Do you modify? Either way I am interested. What's the basic dimensions / weight?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Zeiss 1.9/16.5 cm is 18.3 cm long, has 10.5 cm front diameter, and the rear diamater is about 97 mm. Most of the lens (11.5 cm of its total length) have that very diamater, as you can see from the above image. Weight is 2.8 kg. At a subject-to-sensor distance of about 6 m, the distance between the rear of the lens and the sensor is about 8cm.

The Francke & Heidecke Heidosmat 4/400mm is 28 cm long, has 11 cm front diameter, and its rear part (which has about 72 mm diameter) is 12.5 cm long. Weight is 1.27 kg ... not that heavy! At a subject-to-sensor distance of about 6 m, the distance between the rear on the lens and the sensor is about 9cm. You could mill off another 2 cm from the rear of the lens if necessary.

S

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
The Zeiss 1.9/16.5 cm is 18.3 cm long, has 10.5 cm front diameter, and the rear diamater is about 97 mm. Most of the lens (11.5 cm of its total length) have that very diamater, as you can see from the above image. Weight is 2.8 kg. At a subject-to-sensor distance of about 6 m, the distance between the rear of the lens and the sensor is about 8cm.

So if I understand correctly, on a Hasselblad body, your close focus would be about 6m. Yikes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hudson wrote:
stevemark wrote:

So if I understand correctly, on a Hasselblad body, your close focus would be about 6m. Yikes.

I would say the maximal distance subject-sensor would be about 5-10 m (given that the Hasselblad has about 7.5 cm flange distance). Of course you can focus closer without problems ... if you have a corrsponding focusing mechanism, e. g. from RafCamera.

Something like that for the Heidosmat 4/400 (but of course with about 72mm diameter, not 2 inch!):
https://rafcamera.com/adapters/outer-diameter/2inch

S

EDIT that one should work for the Kipronar 1.9/16.5cm, since the rear lens of the Kipronar is only about 60mm in diameter:
https://rafcamera.com/adapter-99mm-flange-to-m65x1m