Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Reflector-Topcor 100cm 1:7 lens on eBay
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reflector-Topcor 100cm 1:7 lens on eBay Reply with quote

OK, here's a lens I had no idea existed! A 1000mm (100cm) Reflector-Topcor, f/7. Must be a prototype, never saw any literature mentioning it. (There is one mention of a conventional 1000mm lens.)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/356037335743

A mere $5999.99 plus shipping from Japan. With fungus.

Surprised there's no S prefix on the serial number, that is present on the two Topcor prototypes I've known of. But this is probably earlier than those newer lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2024 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the unusual cases where "**RARE**" on an eBay listing is legitimate.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2024 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serial nr 401001. Looks like a prototype indeed.
For wealthy Topcon stuff collectors. Who could service it ?
There seems to be a reversible hood on it. The seller could have added one pic with it in place to show the condition of the front part of the body.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was the announced but not delivered RE GN Topcor 35mm f/1.8, I'd be all over it. But a 1000mm lens is close to useless except for the very dedicated. Especially one that's probably not in working order.

I suspect the hood slides out like the 300/2.8 and 500/5.6 lenses, rather than reversing.