Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

James Bond's Takumars
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:47 pm    Post subject: James Bond's Takumars Reply with quote

Just seen in a James Bond movie (You live only twice min 43):

On the left the 50mm f1.4, on the right I am not sure 35mm f3.5?

Cheers.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do disagree. These are not owned by Bond but by Q.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: James Bond's Takumars Reply with quote

It's the exceptionally rare Quartz Takumar, 85mm f/3.5, a lens designed for UV scientific imaging. These days, they can fetch up to 5 figures!

wolan wrote:
Just seen in a James Bond movie (You live only twice min 43):

On the left the 50mm f1.4, on the right I am not sure 35mm f3.5?

Cheers.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One wonders what the use of these lenses was, FOV is much too narrow to catch the face of the driver or a passenger, especially the 85mm. :p

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
One wonders what the use of these lenses was, FOV is much too narrow to catch the face of the driver or a passenger, especially the 85mm. :p

Knowing "Q" (The Desmond Llewyn one, not that youngster replacement), those lenses probably articulate and move in and out more than a reasonable amount. Wink Wink

...And yes, I'm a fan Rolling Eyes

-D.S.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who knows, but it's doubtlessly the first instance of an Asahi/Pentax lens mounted on a Sony body...

Doc Sharptail wrote:
D1N0 wrote:

Knowing "Q" (The Desmond Llewyn one, not that youngster replacement), those lenses probably articulate and move in and out more than a reasonable amount. Wink Wink

...And yes, I'm a fan Rolling Eyes

-D.S.