Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schneider Titanar 35mm f/2.0 on A7RII with flowers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:16 pm    Post subject: Schneider Titanar 35mm f/2.0 on A7RII with flowers Reply with quote

This is an industrial lens which is found on some high speed cameras. It has a built- in helicoid that enables it to focus very close. It seems there is a Titanar 50mm f/2.8 but I am not able to find any photos of it. Build quality of the lens is very good.

Since I adapt it using a helicoid longer than required, it can only focus to about 0.5 meter with the current setup. The lens seems to perform pretty well on close up. It shows decent contrast on an overcast day.

Overall this is a pretty good lens for fun. Smile

(The samples below are converted from raw to jpeg using the camera standard profile in Adobe Lightroom. Clarity and vibrance both set to +16. It is best to download the photos and view them at 100%.)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great - a highly interesting lens! Thanks for showing that.

And are you sure that's a Schneider lens? A couple of references to Titanar lenses are in connection to a system called inspect (former GOM) and there a 100 mm lens is also mentioned. I've not seen any reference to Zeiss, but it seems unusual for a Zeiss system to use a Schneider Kreuznach lens, if I'm not missing anything... There's more of a connection with Leitz/Leica if I'm not mistaken, but of course that doesn't mean a lot. If the lens does say Schneider Kreuznach there pretty much isn't any doubt. I just thought it could be a filter with the name on it.

What do you think it is in terms of construction? And how do you feel about its performance so far?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simple.joy wrote:
Looks great - a highly interesting lens! Thanks for showing that.

And are you sure that's a Schneider lens? A couple of references to Titanar lenses are in connection to a system called inspect (former GOM) and there a 100 mm lens is also mentioned. I've not seen any reference to Zeiss, but it seems unusual for a Zeiss system to use a Schneider Kreuznach lens, if I'm not missing anything... There's more of a connection with Leitz/Leica if I'm not mistaken, but of course that doesn't mean a lot. If the lens does say Schneider Kreuznach there pretty much isn't any doubt. I just thought it could be a filter with the name on it.

What do you think it is in terms of construction? And how do you feel about its performance so far?

I think it will be hard to not believe it is not made by Schneider. Every details, build quality and threads specs are in-line with other Schneider industrial lenses. It seems it is a retro-focus lens which is possible made with a long back focal distance. Performance wise, i think it is not bad in sharpness but don't expect too much from it as it is not a made for high-resolution line scan cameras.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very unique lens - actually never heard about it!!
Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
A very unique lens - actually never heard about it!!
Like 1 Like 1

Laugh 1 Friends