Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Christmas table shots with Petri CC 55mm f/1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:04 pm    Post subject: Christmas table shots with Petri CC 55mm f/1.4 Reply with quote

Took a few shots of the christmas table with the Petri CC 55mm f/1.4. Like the f/1.8, a very nice bokeh lens IMO.

PetriCC5514christmas162168 by devoscasper, on Flickr
PetriCC5514christmas161167 by devoscasper, on Flickr
PetriCC5514christmas160166 by devoscasper, on Flickr
PetriCC5514christmas158164 by devoscasper, on Flickr
PetriCC5514christmas157163 by devoscasper, on Flickr

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

I think i would buy this lens if i don't have the Zeiss.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lemon shaped OOF light points Wink

Looks like an interesting lens to work with.

I should try and get a shot of our tree before the grand children get here and un-wrap their gifts...

-D.S.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautifully sharp enough and smooth rendering, very nice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots from a lens that is often overlooked due to its rather obscure mount.

This might inspire me to jump on the next cheap Petri bayonet body I see and construct an adapter for L mount, since AFAIK, none exists ATM.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianSVP wrote:
Great shots from a lens that is often overlooked due to its rather obscure mount.

This might inspire me to jump on the next cheap Petri bayonet body I see and construct an adapter for L mount, since AFAIK, none exists ATM.

There’s an Ebay seller called Ramir73 that makes and sells the appropriate adapter.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info! I had reached out to whom I think was the same guy (he's in Texas, right?) last year, and he said at the time that he wasn't making one in L mount, but I guess he's begun to do so. I've had a nice example of this lens sitting on my shelf since then, so it'll be nice to be able to use it on my everyday shooter.

caspert79 wrote:
BrianSVP wrote:

There’s an Ebay seller called Ramir73 that makes and sells the appropriate adapter.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I believe he’s from Texas. He produces other rare adapters as well.
It’s not all that expensive, and definitely better than anything I am able to produce.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

casper, would it be too much to ask to make next time with this lens 2 shots / versions as you have Sonja,

one in aps-c and one in ff ?

I wonder how and if is something lost on the crop size and what is gone from the nice oof

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex_d wrote:
casper, would it be too much to ask to make next time with this lens 2 shots / versions as you have Sonja,

one in aps-c and one in ff ?

I wonder how and if is something lost on the crop size and what is gone from the nice oof

Hi, an aps-c size image will simply be a cropped version of my ff image, so you can use my image and crop a bit off the periphery.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what APS-C version would look like:
PetriCC5514christmas161CROP by devoscasper, on Flickr

If you want the subject framed similarly as in the FF image, you'd have to take more distance to the subject, and the DOF would increase resulting in less blurred background and smaller bokeh balls.