Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Silver Helios 44-2 completely stuck helicoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:30 pm    Post subject: Silver Helios 44-2 completely stuck helicoid Reply with quote

I've separated the helicoid block. Some say to let it soak in white spirits (mineral spirits). Is this correct?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That could work, a second method for an all metal lens is low heat, 70 to 80 degrees C. After separating the halves you can clean with white spirits anyway, so either should work well.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:
That could work, a second method for an all metal lens is low heat, 70 to 80 degrees C. After separating the halves you can clean with white spirits anyway, so either should work well.

I have tried it in the oven at 100°C for 15 minutes and after applying Isopropyl alcohol and that didn't help interestingly.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WM1 wrote:

I have tried it in the oven at 100°C for 15 minutes and after applying Isopropyl alcohol and that didn't help interestingly.

Some oxidation of the metal surfaces?

S

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neat wintergreen oil penetrates best...