Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Disassemble Soligor 135mm f2.8 ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:35 pm    Post subject: Disassemble Soligor 135mm f2.8 ? Reply with quote

Running into some problems getting the aperture ring off.
It's one of the older 17 serial variants in Nikon F mount.
I did mange to get the bayonet off- it was fairly well adhered in there, and the aperture ring won't budge.
The lone video I've seen on line shows an m-42 mount version of the same lens coming apart quite easily in these areas.
I suspect some sticky soda type drink or similar got inside the lens from the rear some how.
I'm not sure how to proceed further with this. It took a bit of force to seperate the bayonet from the lens body.
On this version, the aperture click stop mechanism appears to be a detent ball and spring. The ring material is quite thin in this area, and I don't want to break anything.
Any suggestions on how to proceed?
It would be nice to get the ring off to d&t it for an A/I conversion.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried again tonight.

White particles are likely dried sugar.

It cleaned easily off the stainless steel bayonet, and the black laquered aperture ring.

I've decided not to proceed any further with this.
The aperture fork rides in a cup and bearing system that I am not equipped to deal with.
This lens is a bit older than I thought.
I will utilize the prong holes already there on the ring and make a plastic aperture tab- a lot less headaches that way.

-D.S.