Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Gorlitz Primotar V 1:3.5/85 medium format screw mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:05 pm    Post subject: Meyer Gorlitz Primotar V 1:3.5/85 medium format screw mount Reply with quote

In a late-night bout of Primotar-fever, I ready-fire-aimed! a fun Meyer lens with a very large screw mount and deep flange distance. Best I can discern from mining the web is it was a standard lens for the Meister Korelle medium format camera. As I'm a modern retroglodyte with little interest in shooting film, I'd like to adapt this to one of my digital sensors and am wondering if anyone has had any luck making it happen. Wiki seems to indicate this is a "Large 55mm thread mount" and it's oh-so-close to fitting inside the channel housing the rotatable M42 thread block of my M42-NEX adapter, but the lens's thread diameter is slightly too large to slide in. Unfortunately, it's also slightly too small to fit into a 55mm female filter mount. A little machining is possible, but the NEX adapter isn't ideal...Ideally I'd get it converted to an M42 thread somehow, or barring that, Canon EF, which is almost as universal as M42 and probably easier to make, as I have many M42-to-EF adapters as well as EF extension tubes (although no helicoid...yet). It might just be time to break out some hot glue and lengths of pipe for a fun project for which I have very little free time. Thanks for your thoughts!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kludge -- tape to increase slightly too small lens thread to fit 55mm female to male m42 adapter. Probably best used with bellows.