Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mamiya Sekor C 80mm f4 N Macro lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Mamiya Sekor C 80mm f4 N Macro lens Reply with quote

Greetings MF lens users and afficionados.
As you might have gathered, I am quite taken with Mamiya lenses of all descriptions.
I am really interested in the 645 Mamiya Sekor C 80mm f4 N Macro lens.
Does anyone have this - and if so - what is your opinion of its IQ and handling
Mucho Gratias Amigos
OH

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So that we know what I am referring to - here is the lens.
OH

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am intrigued - could be interesting if using a tilt-shift adapter, I'd imagine it could be quite useful in some situations.

Does it focus to 1:1?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexWicks wrote:
I too am intrigued - could be interesting if using a tilt-shift adapter, I'd imagine it could be quite useful in some situations.

Does it focus to 1:1?

It goes to 1:2 natively, then a mag-spacer adapter (sold separately Sad ) brings it to 1:1
OH

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you ever get it?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
Did you ever get it?

Yes, eventually.
I will post some images later
Tom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am watching these and also the 120mm. One of our regulars Stevemark IIRC says they are fantastic performers.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
I am watching these and also the 120mm. One of our regulars Stevemark IIRC says they are fantastic performers.

Yep, they are - at least comparing to contemporary lenses! Of course some of the 2020s lenses are even (sligtly) better on high res sensors ... but given how inexpensive the Sekor C 4/80mm is, it certainly is a good choice also theses days.

I have been using both the Sekor A 4/120mm Macro as well as the Sekor C 4/80mm Macro on the 50 MP Fuji GFX as well as on the 43 MM Sony A7RII. Contrast is somehow lower at f4, but image quality is excellent at f5.6 and f8. At f11 diffraction kicks in ... No visible lateral CAs!

I mostly was using these lenses / cameras in the 1:5 to 1:20 range, but infinity shoots also were very good. Not tested at 1:2 or even 1:1 though !!

S

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who will show you any pictures from it (80/4)? I didn't really find anything on the Internet.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sergun wrote:
Who will show you any pictures from it (80/4)?

Phase One + P25 f/11.0

Phase One + P25 f/4.0