Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

O.C. Nikkor 35mm F2 with D-810
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:48 am    Post subject: O.C. Nikkor 35mm F2 with D-810 Reply with quote

At f5.6 here and ISO 64. In camera monochrome.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an art-house lens, actually interesting! It's obvious flaws make for an interesting rendering, which I like, personally.
The early phase dual coatings in it are a far cry from even the later A/I variants. A bit of glow near center, with more than obvious fall-off, apparent vignette, and gin fizz bokeh actually make for an interesting combination.
Wide open at f2 and ISO 64, 1/80 sec. in the last long sunrays of final sunset.

Crop of center of the above image. That is surprising for wide open out of a lens this old.

Same subject type just a few minutes later. The rapidly changing lighting conditions give little time to work, that close to darkness.
Wide open again.

Skin tones are close to actual in direct lighting, as shown here.
At f5.6 and ISO 64.

Crop of image center again. 1/250 sec to isolate motion here.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Character, color, look, and rendering are all most definitely classic "Nikon". I want this lens!

https://www.destoutz.ch/lens_35mm_f2_841679.html

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At f5.6 here and ISO 400 under complete over-cast skies at about noon.

This lens is a minimum focus distance wonder, and I had to include this shot.
Image is unmanipulated except for resize to fit here.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It continues to impress at MFD and wide open.
Not too sure about what is happening in the back-ground. There was a fairly gusting breeze, and the green thin stemmed plants in the OOF area were reacting to the wind.
Still, an interesting effect.

Center crop. This flower head is quite large~ about the size of my "medium" closed fist.

I wonder if I am missing something when it comes to digital sensors and motion. The reactions are not quite the same as film I've noticed...

-D.S.