Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica AR Hexanon 28/3.5 upon Sony a7s
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:22 pm    Post subject: Konica AR Hexanon 28/3.5 upon Sony a7s Reply with quote

--------------

Last edited by LittleAlex on Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

f/5.6 1/1600 s; ISO 200

There is image in the full dimension:

https://i.ibb.co/jJhcbQd/DSC07551-min.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks very good the second one particularly... wich version?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultrapix wrote:
wich version?

I recently obtained from Ebay the camera I had been dreaming very long (I am the great admirer of the Konica AR system). For $58,68 together with shipping.

And there was this lens as the pleasant addition.

Everything looks as completely unused. So, I enjoy both now.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a really nice set, and a preTty good price as well!

From all the Konica mechanical bodies I like the T3N ad the T4 best. They usually are OK when I buy one, while most of the T and T2 bodies have some issues including a locking shutter.

The AR 3.5/28mm was probably one of the first "modern" 28mm retrofocus designs using a relatively small front lens and one or two "intermediate" lenses replacing the large empty space found in earlier retrofocus designs. Pretty soon all other manufacturers did upgrade their 28mm and 35mm SLR (retrofocus) lenses as well, resulting in much petter performance.

S

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I have had on my apc-s with affordable vintage 35mm lenses, this one take's the badge as the ' best ' lens, taking into consideration of cost / price / result.

There is only one con: it's very very heavy for its size.

the 40/1.8 is a great option for outside

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex_d wrote:
From what I have had on my apc-s with affordable vintage 35mm lenses, this one take's the badge as the ' best ' lens, taking into consideration of cost / price / result.

There is only one con: it's very very heavy for its size.

the 40/1.8 is a great option for outside

Huh? I was going to say that if you like the all-metal build style and focal length, the Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 28mm f/3.5 is also a great lens and only weighs 212g. Excellent smooth rendition with good sharpness.

But from what I see online, the Hexanon weighs a mere 175g! Not sure how you are getting "very, very heavy" on this one. It's more or less the same weight as the "miniature" SMC Pentax-M 50mm f/2 or the Zuiko 50mm f/1.8. That's a very light lens. Perhaps you are using a heavy adapter?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i made a mistake .. have seen 28/3.5 for 35/2.8,

thats why i wrote ' 35mm ' ...

still, this 28/3.5 is a good plain lens, maybe a bit ' boring '.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you know this website

https://buhla.de/Foto/Konica/eHexanonHaupt.html

Very helpful for Konica fans

Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
Perhaps you know this website

https://buhla.de/Foto/Konica/eHexanonHaupt.html

Very helpful for Konica fans

Wink

Yes and no:

1) The site is very useful for getting an overview over the entire AR lens lineup, as well as for getting information on the Konica SLRs.

2) However, the information on the lens performance often is a bit "fanboyish", maybe because it was written before the arrival of FF digital cameras. Obviously the author has not compared the Konica AR lenses with corresponding lenses from other manufacturers, and quite a few statements on the optical performance of Konica AR lenses are either not really meaningful (statements such as "The lens renders very sharp images with high contrast and good colour rendition. Barrel or pincushion distortions are not visible." do appear very often ...) or wrong.

S

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be.

After all, this page offers a good overview - also and especially - of the individual variants of the Konica lenses. Regardless we all know that a lens works well with one type of camera and due to special reasons not with another.

Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
Might be.

After all, this page offers a good overview - also and especially - of the individual variants of the Konica lenses.

Yep - and I often enjoy reading those pages!!

Rolf wrote:
Regardless we all know that a lens works well with one type of camera and due to special reasons not with another.

Wink

That mainly applies for fast non-retrofocus wideangles, where sensor stack thickness is an issue. Not relevant here, though.

S

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer the t3n camera.
The first prime series of AR lenses are all Konica mede by himself, no one tokina made.
In the 2nd versión the things weren't the same. The 40/1,8 is a very good Tokina lens.
I'm looking for the 85/1,8 again.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:
I prefer the t3n camera.
In the 2nd versión the things weren't the same. The 40/1,8 is a very good Tokina lens.

Is it really so?! I always have been certain that it is the original Konica product! Twisted Evil

papasito wrote:
I prefer the t3n camera.
I'm looking for the 85/1,8 again.

Well, I have been quite wise to keep it since 1994. Embarassed

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:
I prefer the t3n camera.

I own it also. But to round my collection of Konica mechanical bodies I really always had dreamed about T4.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleAlex wrote:
papasito wrote:
I prefer the t3n camera.

Is it really so?! I always have been certain that it is the original Konica product! Twisted Evil

The Konica AR 1.8/40mm was designed by Konica engineers, not by Tokina. Check the patents.
And it certainly was manufactured according to Konica standards.

The same applies for other late Konica AR lenses such as the AR 2.8/21mm, the AR 2.8/24mm "compact", the AR 3.5/28mm "compact", the AR 2.8/35mm "compact", the AR 5.6/400mm UC, the AR 3.5-4.5/35-70mm and the AR 28-135mm (which was produced also in a Tokina version). All were designed / patented by Konica.

It seems, however, that the (late) AR 4/80-200mm "not UC" as well as the AR 4.5/80-200mm were clones of the corresponding Tokina computations.

S

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 small

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very bourgeois concept lens... Wink
Very good results for sure.
I like my Konicas and Hexanons too.