Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Possible to adapt an 80f2 exakta nacht biotar?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:17 am    Post subject: Possible to adapt an 80f2 exakta nacht biotar? Reply with quote

Have this old zeiss trying to find a new home for it buf would ljme to shoot it to see if it has any magic.. No idea on th thread. Would ideally get to m mount

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that was embarassing I spent a half an hour yesterday googling and thinking about if a Practikaflex m40 might work and low and behold.....

I am not a big fan of rare adapters, i have bought a few from them and they have been pretty hit and miss, but thanks for the link.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have the measurement of the threads, you can order a custom adapter for it to M42 or LTM or anything you want. It should be 40mmx0.75?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the most important thing is when you search to spell it correctly: I have corrected at least that title here :LOL:

Rafcamera.com also makes lots of adapters, also sold on ebay

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
If you have the measurement of the threads, you can order a custom adapter for it to M42 or LTM or anything you want. It should be 40mmx0.75?

That's a filter thread, E type. A 3D printed adapter with an empty metal filter ring glued in would be my approach then.
There is a reverse 40mmM42 adapter but the 40mm side is of course male. Coupling them with a female 40mm thread ring made of a filter will not be rigid enough.