Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MD 100mm f/4 macro pics
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:10 am    Post subject: Minolta MD 100mm f/4 macro pics Reply with quote

A few pics from my Minolta MD 100mm f/4 macro that just arrived. Clickable for full size.

MinMD1004macroJ_10 by devoscasper, on Flickr

At full size (click image), the incredible detail of this lens shows:
Minolta MD 100mm f/4 macro on Sony A7R2 by devoscasper, on Flickr

Minolta MD 100mm f/4 macro on Sony A7R2 by devoscasper, on Flickr

MinMD1004macroJ_2 by devoscasper, on Flickr

It is possible to combine it with the Tokina AT-X 1:1 macro adapter that comes with the Bokina (if you have the same mount). At 1:1 it gives dark corners.
By the way, I tried the macro adapter also with the Minolta 100/2.5, and in that case it works perfectly.

MinMD1004macroJ_1 by devoscasper, on Flickr

MinMD1004macroJ_6 by devoscasper, on Flickr

MinMD1004macroJ_7 by devoscasper, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

The Minolta MD 100/4 Macro has its own dedicated macro extender, to take the lens from 1:2 magnification to 1:1. But that is really just a dedicated extension tube; no optics inside.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RokkorDoctor wrote:
Like 1

The Minolta MD 100/4 Macro has its own dedicated macro extender, to take the lens from 1:2 magnification to 1:1. But that is really just a dedicated extension tube; no optics inside.

Mine came without the extender. Which is not a big deal; I have a few Sony mount macro rings I can use with all of my lenses.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a great lens, you will enjoy it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great lens, it's a big and heavy old thing, but I'd save it from a house fire. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Great lens, it's a big and heavy old thing, but I'd save it from a house fire. Wink

I think you're mistaken with its predecessor, the f/3.5. This one is rather light, and not that big either.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MinMD1004macrotulipf11J by devoscasper, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
[tulip]

Pleasing images! The b/w tulip is striking. And the ant & flower picture made me smile. Like 1 small