Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How important are grub screws on Kiron?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:12 pm    Post subject: How important are grub screws on Kiron? Reply with quote

So, 105mm Kiron Macro.

Took the top element apart to clean fungus, mission was successful but I lost the grub screws....

Tried to take off some grub screws from donor Kirons but they were a size too large for some reason, even though they all look invisible to me.

I made sure to tighten the top head assembly properly with the rubber cylinder tool.... Do you think it can hold fine if I make sure the front element is never loose before usage?

Besides that, can anyone link me to Ali Express to some screws that should fit? I'm talking about the usual tiny screws that bite against the top element assembly.

Thanks Smile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about buying from Aliexpress, what I've done is amass a quite large collection of grub screws and other fasteners and spares from every time I bought a lens or camera that just couldn't be saved, I can usually find what I need. There only seems to be 2, maybe 3 sizes for the grub screws.

I imagine that the element holder won't immediately unscrew, but it may do eventually.