Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nameless plattenkamera. Help.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:42 pm    Post subject: Nameless plattenkamera. Help. Reply with quote

Got this one because collect helioplan lenses. This had the 135mm 4.5, which was a gap in my selections. Figured the camera would be junk beyond salvage. Luckily I was wrong. It's a 6x9 with a slide in ground glass viewing screen. It's in excellent condition. The AGC dialset shutter works and sounds accurate at all settings. The aperture still has the flat black coating. It has left-right and up-down movements and the cutest little level you could imagine. A distance meter is provided on the carriage. The bellows seems to be intact, it seems to have extra long extensioncomparedto othersi have seen from the era.. As far as I can tell everything functions. The only significant foible is that the button to open the bellows has worked its way through the leather bump so you have to push pretty hard, but it opens. Obviously a well made German camera but no name plate. No embossed name in the leather. Nothing! Any help greatly appreciated. Also I am looking for a non functional shutter #0 with diaphragm or barrel with diaphragm with 29mm x 0.5. I was planning to pull the shutter out of this one but I can't bring myself to try it. I'm worried about damaging the bellows.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soviet com bloc, likely east German.
Note early symbol for FED on the shutter speed selector dial.
Lens should be a give-away as well with Meyer and Helioplan on the name ring.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea what film holder might fit?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
Any idea what film holder might fit?

There's a lot more knowledgeable minds than mine here.
The subject may draw a quicker response in the large format, or folding camera forums here.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is "COMPUR"!

At least if you sell it at some Finnish net auction / flea market. Very Happy

https://www.huuto.net/kohteet/kamera-fdeckel-compur-munchen-katevan-kokoinen-v-1935/575987904

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erko, Zenith, Ihagee, Welta or Ernemann all used this lens and made very similar folding cameras.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. I recognize all of those names except Erko. Rabbit hole he4e I come...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, searching ebay for "folding view camera" I came across this example by Ihagee. It looks an awful lot like it. Obviously not identical since the cameras are different sizes, 9x12 vs 6x9. But many elements seem very very similar. The focus scale on the left side, the elevation nob appearance, the nob and gear to obtain focus extension. Plus just the general appearance.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115002969452

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming the shutter is original it was made between 1914 and 1920.