Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sill Optics 105mm (UV) f2.8 lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:21 pm    Post subject: Sill Optics 105mm (UV) f2.8 lens Reply with quote

This is a Sill Optics 105mm f2.8 UV lens, (optimized for 250nm to 350nm use). It has an M42 mount, and the front filter thread is 46mm. I used a 46 to 49mm adapter to fit an Asahi lens hood to it. The Sill catalogue entry for this lens shows the max aperture as being f4.5 while this one is f2.8 so it may be a custom modification. The aperture is adjustable from f2.8 to f32.

Some shots from the garden at maximum aperture, just using normal visible light, on a Canon EOS R7. It was a dull day with no strong bright light. Contrast was boosted, and some images cropped with all reduced in size for sharing here. Shows some chromatic aberration, which is not a huge surprise.

Looking forward to trying it with UV.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit muted, artsy colours giving to the images a luxury shade. Thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 I've never heard of Sill optics. Do you know anything about them?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that bud, bud Very Happy
Nice rendering!
Who made them? The lenses that is.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all. The lens is made by Sill Optics GmbH - https://www.silloptics.de/. I got it second hand and I have contacted Sill for more information on it. So far nothing from them though, however if I find out any more about I'll share it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

Very nice, looking forward to seeing some UV photos done with it!

SILL OPTICS is an older rather famous German lens maker, basically for industrial use, lots of telecentric lenses they make.