Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sears 200mm F3.5?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:58 pm    Post subject: Sears 200mm F3.5? Reply with quote

Hi there folks!
So I just purchased a NOS Sears 200mm F3.5, the one with the tripod mount - on a whim.

Should I expect the same quality as my 135MM Sears 2.8? If so it should be a great lens!

It was about the price of a couple beers, and it's new old stock, in box and a sealed nylon.

Any personal experiences would be welcomed Smile

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Sears 200mm F3.5? Reply with quote

Coyote23 wrote:
...Any personal experiences would be welcomed Smile...

Including yours!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No complaints with my copy. Scanned from a color negative, probably about 300 dpi.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet image!!
Mine will take about 3 weeks to get here from the USA, but I will post pics here when I do Smile

How is it to handle?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I see that is a Tokina made lens. I have a Tokina branded version. It performs well with a little help.

Applekeh by The lens profile, on Flickr

Mine is a bit stiff focussing and the 3 meter close focussing distance is a bit long.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
From what I see that is a Tokina made lens. I have a Tokina branded version. It performs well with a little help.

Applekeh by The lens profile, on Flickr

Mine is a bit stiff focussing and the 3 meter close focussing distance is a bit long.

Great shot!!
Amazing what you can get from these lenses if you're up for manual focusing...

I heard about Tokina grease being harder than other factories... Is it "quality" type stiffness or just plain too hard? But maybe that's why Tokina lenses don't have as much oil on the aperture blades after a couple decades- the grease is heavier.