Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss Lens Unknown mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2024 10:11 am    Post subject: Zeiss Lens Unknown mount Reply with quote

The mount on this Lens looks like a DKL Type but it isn't ?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2024 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the front part of a 2.8/50mm Tessar.

The rear part of the Tessar plus the shutter are installed in the camera and can't be removed.
You can add other front parts such as a Pro-Tessar 4/85mm or a Pro-Tessar 3.2/35mm.
Usually found on Zeiss SLRs from the 1950s/1960s (Contaflex series).

S

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2024 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for that information.. it was in a drawer nicely bundled up from my dads collection..another riddle solved !

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2024 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an image of the corresponding camera and lenses:

As you can see, while the Tessar front part is tiny, the corresponding front parts for the (slow) 3.2/35mm or 4/85mm lens is quite big. Ultimately this concept wasn't able to compete with the SLRs that had completely removable lenses ...

S

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2024 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is pretty small in comparison, I just had a look at some shots taken using the Lens , and they have a pleasing look but it will have to go as you cant keep everything .. and I already have too much.